Senior Solutions Architect
১৫ ফেব্রুয়ারি, ২০২০, ১:৫৮ পূর্বাহ্ণ
Senior Solutions Architect
The Maryland Department of Transportation The Secretary’s Office (MDOT TSO) is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Planner to manage, develop, and implement cloud based technology solutions for the Office of Transportation Technology Services (OTTS) Enterprise Software Services Team. This position will work directly with strategic customers on critical projects, migration to cloud environments, and on-site business software development. The incumbent will also perform duties regarding technology planning, which includes proposing industry best practices, new tools & solution architecture. The Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Planner will architect and develop solutions on .NET platforms, Java Script, Java EE, Oracle & MS SQL database architecture, web solutions and work on applications and systems in hybrid models of cloud technology, such as Salesforce, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, and Oracle Cloud. This position will work with a team that will be deploying cloud & on-premise solutions and technologies across a range of industries and solutions, while also identifying new information technologies to help solve business & technical challenges or limitations in the existing deployments and platforms.
Responsibilities for the Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Planner include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with MDOT Enterprise Software Services Leadership to develop software solutions and architecture roadmaps in compliance with State, MDOT enterprise and other frameworks;Serving as the lead of the Architectural Review Board;
- Ensuring Enterprise Software Services managed applications (on-premise, SaaS, DaaS, PaaS) meet security compliance review, including State and MDOT Security Standards;
- Conducting review meetings with project managers, stakeholders, and developers to ensure correct interpretation and application of client user requirements;
- Determining, planning and executing project priorities in accordance with budget, staff, and competing priorities;
- Applying innovative technologies for quality software services, standardization, and delivery;
- Recommending platform and technology adoption, to include database and application servers, libraries, and framework.
This position requires significant expertise in IT architecture, software solutions development and project management. The incumbent will report to MDOT’s Director of Enterprise Software Services.
The current vacancy exists at MDOT TSO and will report to both of the Hanover and Glen Burnie, Maryland locations.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of experience in administrative or professional work. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures. Six (6) years of this experience must have involved IT planning, software solutions architecture and project management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- PMP, TOGAF, Azure MCSD, Salesforce CTA, and/or AWS Certification
- Cloud computing experience, such as MS Azure, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Strong understanding of declarative and programmatic Enterprise application developments
- Experience with DevOps technologies and process flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Check out this job: Senior Solutions Architect